After finishing work for the week, I decided to take a walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge and at the same time, use the opportunity to take some night photographs while Vivid Sydney is still on. The lens I had attached to the body: Canon EF 28-135mm IS USM.
A wide angle to medium telephoto zoom was the right combination for this outing. It proved to be the hero of the day.
I did not use any tripod, so to compensate, rested the camera on the railings or walls and used the self timer to eliminate or reduce camera shake.
Doing all of the above, I still felt a vibration from vehicles driving along the bridge and it is quite noticeable. Temperature was around 7 degrees Celsius but I wasn't prepared to pack up and leave. Regardless, I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome.
 |
| f/5.6, ISO-400 |
 |
| f/11, ISO-100 |
I alight from the train at Milsons Point and make my way across. About
half way, I find a good vantage point and decided to take a few shots of
Circular Quay and the surrounding area.
Moving on, further down I align directly opposite the Sydney Opera House and prepare for some more photos. This time around, photos are more sharp and crisp due to the longer focal length plus lower ISO used.
 |
| f/5, ISO-400 |
 |
| f/5, ISO-400 |
 |
| f/5, ISO-400 |
 |
| f/5, ISO-400 |
 |
| f/5, ISO-400 |
Getting to the other side, I take the stairs down towards Argyle Street and remember another display. But this time, I end up on an overpass bridge looking down on the tunnel. Different view from last time and reason to experiment. This time I was able to lower the ISO and open the aperture wider since I could rest the camera on the concrete railing. Slow shutter speeds results in nice car head and tail light trails.
 |
| f/11, ISO-100 |
 |
| f/11, ISO-100 |
No comments:
Post a Comment